Ah, here we are again. It’s time again for New Years resolutions, something you either are all about, or totally hate. I somehow float between the two camps, because I don’t really look forward to them, but every year they do tend to pop up on the radar. I’m a fan of setting goals and putting them in writing; it tends to make me more accountable. I can go back, check up on things, and measure my progress along the way.
New Years Resolutions – Wellness Goals
I have been working really hard the last few months on my wellness, losing weight and getting more fit, but with the holidays, I took a tiny little break so I could enjoy the food and not worry about not having something to eat at get togethers, because that is really the worst.
- Drink more water – This is pretty much a given for me. When I drink more water, I feel better. It really is as simple as that.
- Eat clean. I like to focus on eating whole foods as opposed to processed foods, and I feel so much better when I do. I want to make sure that I am filling up on things that are worth it in the New Year!
- Try to hit the 10,000 step goal everyday – I won’t try to promise that I’ll be hitting the gym everyday (Cause we all know thats a farce) but I can try my best to get my 10,000 steps daily.
New Years Resolutions – Mental Health Goals
I want this upcoming year to be a great mental health for me, and I want to put myself first!
- Learn to say no – This is a BIG one for me. I find myself CONSTANTLY finding myself obligated to say yes to everything, and always working to please other people. This year I want to start to process things to put myself first.
- Take time to take care of myself – Again, I need to schedule out time for some self care and make sure that I am getting everything that I need every day. It can be easy to say I don’t have time with school, but I want to make sure that I am doing the best I can for myself.
- Realize it’s okay to slow down – Another big one for me. I always tend to want to put myself on the fast track for everything, and I need to be okay with being a beginner and learning first. It’ll help to get rid of a ton of extra stress.
New Years Resolution – Cosplay Goals
This might be a category that not a ton of people have, but I want to hone those skills down as much as possible this year! I’m still very much a beginner, but there is a ton of growth for me this year.
- Learn to actually style a wig – Having curls my entire life, I have no idea what to do with straight hair, or how to style hair in general. I have a friend who is incredible, so I’m hoping to take some tips so I can start styling more on my own.
- Rely less on store bought cosplay – This is going to take time, and probably more than the entire upcoming year, but I want to incorporate more handmade pieces into cosplay. It’ll take a ton of practice, but I think that it will help to make things more personal.
- Build more confidence – This could be a general sort of goal, but I want to feel more confident in cosplay. Again, this will likely take a while, but I think that it’ll be worth it in the end.
What do you have in the works for the next year? Maybe you don’t touch on resolutions at all? Let me know in the comment section!